Here’s the story.
Early in 2020, as a pandemic encouraged people around the world to “stay home,” Josephmooon was created as a stage name and music project for the lyrics by Ronan Boren.
Ronan is autistic, and his imagination is vast, as revealed in the songs featured on the debut Josephmooon album, “So Far So Good,” released on October 1, 2021 on all digital download and streaming platforms.
- Floats Boat
- One Word
- Long Ago
- Up All Night
- Out Of Tune
- High In The Sky
- Cost Time
- Reusable Money
- Check For
- So Far So Good
The lyrics are Ronan’s, edited and set to music by his music teacher, Bill Paige. The recordings were created at Rocky Head Studios in Hua Hin, Thailand, where Bill currently lives. Joining the Josephmooon team to make the music are the studio proprietors – Ronnie Nice, 17 years old, who has framed the songs with a fresh but familiar rock aesthetic, playing guitars, bass, drums, and producing. He has been taught well by his father, Ian Nice, a respected U.K. studio musician and solo artist who has recorded his own version of the Josephmooon song, “Every Right Now.”
This blog is designed to share the adventures of Josephmooon, past present, and future.
Your feedback and support is extremely important!
Josephmooon – So Far So Good
From the Blog
- soft power mythWhy am I writing about “soft power?” Because for some reason, the Thai government, and subsequently the media and private sector spokespeople, all have started citing Thailand’s alleged “soft power” on the most inappropriate occasions. Most recently, it was a few Tweets from Russell Crowe, who happened to be in the Kingdom shooting a newContinue reading “soft power myth”
- Lesson PlanA few topics on the table for this week’s JosephZooom session: The recent auction of a truly iconic guitar, Les Paul #1, built and “modded” by the man himself, Les Paul. Not the first electric guitar, but the first one that EVERYONE wanted to play. (I’m a Telecaster guy, finding the LP a bit tooContinue reading “Lesson Plan”
- The First Cell Phone CallWow. So, get this Mooonmemory from 38 years ago. On October 13, 1983, I called my Mom from the back seat of a black limousine cruising southbound on Lake Shore Drive in Chicago. I was 29 years old, working for UPI, and covering a BIG business story – the inaugural day of commercial cellular phoneContinue reading “The First Cell Phone Call”
- Jam? Or jelly?Without going into a lot of detail, our resort town of Hua Hin, as well as most of the rest of Thailand, has endured many months of pandemic lockdown restrictions. No gathering, no drinking alcoholic beverages, no billiards, no walking streets. It’s been a tad boring. For the best part of the last 18 months,Continue reading “Jam? Or jelly?”
- The Cockney Rebel Connection“The Cockney Rebel Connection” is the name of a streaming radio program hosted by Stewart Griffin, an early and generous champion of Josephmooon, for which we are grateful. There is something very uplifting about hearing one’s original music played in the context of other songs and artists, as on a radio show, or playlist, andContinue reading “The Cockney Rebel Connection”
Subscribe, Support, Contact
Subscribe to our mailing list
Support the artists with a donation
Choose an amount
Or enter a custom amount
Your contribution rocks!Donate