Here’s the story.
Early in 2020, as a pandemic encouraged people around the world to “stay home,” Josephmooon was created as a stage name and music project for the lyrics by Ronan Boren.
Ronan, 15 years old, is autistic, and his imagination is vast, as revealed in the songs featured on the debut Josephmooon album, “So Far So Good,” released on October 1, 2021 on all digital download and streaming platforms.
- Floats Boat
- One Word
- Long Ago
- Up All Night
- Out Of Tune
- High In The Sky
- Cost Time
- Reusable Money
- Check For
- So Far So Good
The lyrics are Ronan’s, edited and set to music by his music teacher, Bill Paige. The recordings were created at Rocky Head Studios in Hua Hin, Thailand, where Bill currently lives. Joining the Josephmooon team to make the music are the studio proprietors – Ronnie Nice, 17 years old, who has framed the songs with a fresh but familiar rock aesthetic, playing guitars, bass, drums, and producing. He has been taught well by his father, Ian Nice, a respected U.K. studio musician and solo artist who has recorded his own version of the Josephmooon song, “Every Right Now.”
Your feedback and support is extremely important!
Josephmooon – So Far So Good
From the Blog
- Year-End ReportWow, that was a long four months. I did not intend to take that much time away from this blog, but there you go. Did you miss us? Nah, did not think so. Anyway, the fall was for travel back to the USA — spent some quality time in Chicago and Austin, where Josephmooon enjoyedContinue reading “Year-End Report”
- TP (ain’t talking ’bout Tom Petty)In the early days of Josephmooon, Ronan suggested MANY ideas for “branded products,” from the fantastic (jetliners), to the ridiculous (cheese-flavoured toothpaste), to the practical (jackets, shoes, etc.). Of course, Josephmooon toilet paper was on the list. No way, I said. Just reminded of that phase on National Toilet Paper Day [26 August]. So muchContinue reading “TP (ain’t talking ’bout Tom Petty)”
- Celebrate International Strange Music Day [24 August]Truly, there is a “day” for everything, and Josephmooon certainly appreciates the existence of International Strange Music Day [24 August], which encourages us to “switch up our regular playlist for something eccentric and unusual.” My relationship to strange music likely began with traditional artists, specifically the Beatles and Frank Zappa. Fascinated with John Lennon’s relationshipContinue reading “Celebrate International Strange Music Day [24 August]”
- RIP, Jimy Sohns, Shadows of KnightAs a young writer for United Press International [UPI], working in HX (the city code for Chicago), there were several opportunities to earn extra income beyond one’s regular hourly shift pay. One was writing reviews for the service’s weekly book section. I once reviewed Kurt Vonnegut’s book, Palm Sunday, and sent a clip off toContinue reading “RIP, Jimy Sohns, Shadows of Knight”
- Happy Uncommon Instruments Awareness Day!Check it out – every 31 July is a special day designed to encourage people to explore uncommon instruments. There are so many! When I looked at the list, I noticed that a few already have a favored home in the Josephmooon / Austin, TX DIV., musical equipment room, specifically the hurdy gurdy and shofar.Continue reading “Happy Uncommon Instruments Awareness Day!”