Here’s the story.
Early in 2020, as a pandemic encouraged people around the world to “stay home,” Josephmooon was created as a stage name and music project for the lyrics by Ronan Boren.
Ronan, 15 years old, is autistic, and his imagination is vast, as revealed in the songs featured on the debut Josephmooon album, “So Far So Good,” released on October 1, 2021 on all digital download and streaming platforms.
- Floats Boat
- One Word
- Long Ago
- Up All Night
- Out Of Tune
- High In The Sky
- Cost Time
- Reusable Money
- Check For
- So Far So Good
The lyrics are Ronan’s, edited and set to music by his music teacher, Bill Paige. The recordings were created at Rocky Head Studios in Hua Hin, Thailand, where Bill currently lives. Joining the Josephmooon team to make the music are the studio proprietors – Ronnie Nice, 17 years old, who has framed the songs with a fresh but familiar rock aesthetic, playing guitars, bass, drums, and producing. He has been taught well by his father, Ian Nice, a respected U.K. studio musician and solo artist who has recorded his own version of the Josephmooon song, “Every Right Now.”
Your feedback and support is extremely important!
Josephmooon – So Far So Good
From the Blog
- Get A ClewleyEvery other Tuesday, the Bangkok Post publishes a music column by John Clewley, an informed and informative journalist and occasional DJ. He regularly features the Transglobal World Music Chart, highlighting the releases that most tickle his discerning ears. Regrettably, as he points out, the May 2022 Top 20 chart features just one Asian artist, fromContinue reading “Get A Clewley”
- “‘Banjo on My Knee’ is a fine track.”“There’s something really uplifting and special about the music of Josephmooon,” says Stewart Griffin. “‘Banjo on My Knee’ is a fine track.” Songs from Rocky Head Studios, Part 1. Ian Nice, Crane, Josephmooon, Tony Marrinan, Tim Nicolai. by radio7stewart Brand new Josephmooon music, “Banjo on my Knee,” in a world exclusive on Radio7Stewart. The bandContinue reading ““‘Banjo on My Knee’ is a fine track.””
- Lesson PlanFrom time to time, the Josephmooon discussion touches on the topic of what it means to “be famous.” Benito Antonio Martinez Ocasio must be very famous indeed. AKA Bad Bunny, the Grammy Award-winning Latin music star recently was recognized with – not one, but two – wax figurines by the world-famous Madame Tussauds. HowContinue reading “Lesson Plan”
- Brief EncountersRIP, Cynthia Plaster Caster and Re Styles CAUTION: ADULT-THEMED BLOG POST; NOT INTENDED FOR CHILDREN UPDATE: Life celebration concert planned for Cynthia Plaster Caster. Two remarkable rock ‘n’ roll collaborators – Cynthia Plaster Caster and Re Styles – passed recently, from this mortal coil to whatever lies beyond. Cynthia was 74 years old; Re wasContinue reading “Brief Encounters”
- Mango MilliTo the editor: Again with the “soft power” references, regarding T-pop sensation Milli’s appearance last weekend at California’s taste-making Coachellla music festival (“Milli’s sticky rice and mango stunt grabs world’s attention,” Bangkok Post, April 18). Please, in the name of responsible journalism, stop. The tenuous concept of “soft power” (primarily advanced and promoted by aContinue reading “Mango Milli”